Traditionally, decisions about the future of communities are made behind closed doors by a select few in positions of political power, but with more and more local organizations getting involved and demanding a seat at the table, the times are a changing. Sarah Emmons, and her team at Radical Partners work tirelessly to educate and connect change-makers to accelerate the big ideas that will lead Miami forward and to tackle the issues that are stifling its progress.
With programs such as their Leadership Lab and Social Entrepreneurship Bootcamp which gives community leaders the tools and resources they need to accomplish their goals, they’ve also crafted the 100 Great Ideas Campaign which crowdsources big ideas for the cities most pressing problems. In the past, they’ve focused on issues such as housing affordability and transit and mobility and in November they will gather ideas for climate resilience and sustainability. Starting November 12th, everyone in Miami is invited to a 5-day, online conversation to brainstorm solutions on how to build a more resilient and sustainable community.
We invite you to take part in the conversation and learn more about Radical Partner’s incredible contributions.
- Applause Your Paws
- Petco in South Miami
- Miami-Dade Animal Services
- Dirty Hippie Cosmetics
- International Coastal Cleanup Day
- Help us reach 100 reviews on iTunes by 12-31-18, leave us a review today!
THAT’S WHAT I LIKE:
- CIC Miami
- Miami Climate Alliance
- The CLEO Institute
- Miami Water Keeper
- Catalyst Miami
- Past Reports for 100 Great Ideas
- “I think nationally and really globally we’re still trying to figure out how to best support the model of social entrepreneur, but I’ve seen a lot of organizations and philanthropies and venture capitalists become more and more interested investing in this particular space.”
- “One of the things that we’re seeing is that our community faces massive challenges and that no one organization working on an issue is going to get it done alone.”
- “It’s just amazing to me every year how new social entrepreneurs are choosing Miami as their home and their place to grow the work that they want to do.”
- “At Radical Partners we fundamentally believe that cities are stronger places when huge volumes of locals are engaged in local issues.”
- “It’s really inspiring to work with people who are just so dedicated to working within the city to solve our most pressing challenges.”
WHAT’S ON HER NIGHTSTAND:
- Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond
- The Climate Casino: Risk, Uncertainty, and Economics for a Warming World by William D. Nordhaus
- The Global Deal: Climate Change and the Creation of a New Era of Progress and Prosperity by Nicholas Stern
Want to comment on anything mentioned in the show?
Email us at email@example.com or call us on the Google line (786) 471-2812.
DON’T KEEP US A SECRET…
Tell your friends, family, neighbors, baristas, anyone who will listen about us. We really appreciate it! And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast and leave us a review on iTunes if you’re enjoying the show. For additional content, please visit our blog and our YouTube channel.