Considering it’s been predicted that there’ll be more plastic in our oceans than fish by 2050, wouldn’t it be nice if there was a store that offered solutions to our dependence on plastic and that could help us reduce our waste? Well, now there is.
Verde, located in Wynwood, is Miami’s first and only sustainable store. Now, instead of buying another plastic container when you run out of a product, you can take that same container to Verde and refill it with an earth-friendly (and in many instances animal-friendly) alternative. With several refilling stations from detergent to soaps, shampoos, and conditioners to choose from, you are sure to find one of the many household items you use all the time.
Thanks to founders Pam and Marta, Verde is providing a solution to help us all combat plastic and live more consciously. Besides their soap refill stations, you can expect to find spices, oils, food in bulk, local nut milks, kombucha, dog treats, bamboo toothbrushes, and so much more. With over 250 items and more being added constantly, Verde is challenging the status quo and asking us to rethink the way we shop and interact with our world.
We hope you enjoy the conversation,
Alex and Jeanette
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play Music | TuneIn | iHeartRADIO
- Fertile Earth + Debris Free Oceans
- A Plastic Ocean + Chasing Coral
- Korin Sutton – Vegan Bodybuilder
- Alex’s Photography IG Page
- Help us reach 100 review on iTunes by 12-31-18, leave us a review today!
THAT’S WHAT I LIKE:
- Alex: DIY Beard Shampoo (scroll down to #6 – How to Make Beard Shampoo)
- Jeanette: Pose on FX
- “The lifecycle of plastic is 400 years.”
- “Eventually, I would like to have a completely unpackaged supermarket.”
- Recycling requires a lot of water, it contaminates the water, and it requires a lot of energy.”
WHAT’S ON HER NIGHTSTAND:
Want to comment on anything mentioned in the show?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on the Google line (786) 471-2812.
DON’T KEEP US A SECRET…
Tell your friends, family, neighbors, baristas, anyone who will listen about us. We really appreciate it! And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast and leave us a review on iTunes if you’re enjoying the show. For additional content, please visit our blog and our YouTube channel.
Leave a Reply