When Chris Adamo left New York City with the love of his life five years ago and exchanged his muted, cold weather wardrobe for bright and colorful Jams World t-shirts, he didn’t only want to look like a local, he wanted to live like one too.
So he joined the folks at WhereBy.Us as the Director of Business Development. These folks are the creators of the very helpful and practical online resource for Miami locals, The New Tropic and other initiatives that help people connect and engage in their respective cities.
We met up with Chris at the uber cool co-working space – CIC, where we learned all about his disconnected life in NY, how his wife completely changed the trajectory of his life and how his mission of connecting people to their cities has earned him the moniker, The Dot Connector.
Hope you enjoy the convo.
- Alex’s Running Streak Update (Follow him on Strava)
- Bunnie Cakes Design Studio
- Loren Pulitzer
THAT’S WHAT I LIKE:
- Alex: Cubano Sandwich at Bunnie Cakes
- Jeanette: I’m Judging You: The Do Better Manual by Luuvie Ajayi
CHRIS ADAMO INTERVIEW:
- CIC Miami – Cambridge Innovation Center
- The Cushman School
- Wolfsonian Museum
- The New Tropic
- Social Venture Partners
- Shep Gordon on Twitter
- Jams World t-shirts
- Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers by Tim Ferris
WHAT’S ON HIS NIGHTSTAND:
- Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi
- The 4-Hour Work Week: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferris
- Pre-Suasion: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade by Roberto Cialdini
Want to comment on anything mentioned in the show?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on the Google line (786) 471-2812
DON’T KEEP US A SECRET…
Tell your friends, family, neighbors, baristas, anyone who will listen about us. We really appreciate it! And don’t forget to leave us a review on iTunes if you’re enjoying the show.