Cristina Ivory, the founder of Angry Booch, isn’t afraid to experiment, which is why upon finding out about the health benefits of kombucha, she decided she was going to make some for herself. If you’ve never heard of kombucha, you’re not alone. However, the popularity of this effervescent and fermented drink made from tea is on the rise and Angry Booch is serving up some unique, Miami inspired flavors.
After perfecting her recipes in her parent’s garage and working the farmer’s market circuit, Cristina opened up Miami’s first kombucha tap room in Palmetto Bay where you can enjoy eight different varieties. Using local, seasonal fruit to come up with creative flavors such as Hibiscus Ginger Orange and Lychee Rose, Angry Booch offers some of the tastiest kombucha around. Cristina also has a passion for health, specifically gut health, which has led her to experimenting outside of kombucha to offer seasonal kimchi, pickles, and sauerkraut. In addition to the tap room, you can find Angry Booch at the Upper East Side Farmers Market and Verde Market.
It was such a pleasure chatting with Cristina in her new tap room and learning all things kombucha.
We hope you enjoy the conversation,
- Plastic Free July (Don’t forget to sign up for the challenge and show us how you’re going plastic free)
- Why We Decided to Make Our Own Toothpaste
- The Ten Best Miami Podcasts (we’re one of them!)
- Help us reach 100 review on iTunes by 12-31-18, leave us a review today!
THAT’S WHAT I LIKE:
- Skinny Bitch
- Upper East Side Farmers Market
- Seed Food & Wine
- University of Miami/Coral Gables Farmers Market
- BeCultured Tempeh (Episode 64)
- Courtney’s Cookies
- Artist Ana Maria Gonzalez (Angry Booch mural)
- “Every batch of kombucha that you make you form a new SCOBY, so it’s constantly reproducing.”
- “80% of your immune system is basically in your gut and probiotics will make your gut much healthier than it already is.”
- “The best way to explain the sugar that is in kombucha is it’s not for you; it’s for the bacteria and it’s for the yeast.”
- Ginger is the number one grossing kombucha.”
WHAT’S ON HER NIGHTSTAND:
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
- You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth by Jen Sincero
Want to comment on anything mentioned in the show?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on the Google line (786) 471-2812.
DON’T KEEP US A SECRET…
Tell your friends, family, neighbors, baristas, anyone who will listen about us. We really appreciate it! And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast and leave us a review on iTunes if you’re enjoying the show. For additional content, please visit our blog and our YouTube channel.